Well. We made it.
This is my final NaBloPoMo entry. (“Thank Christ,” says My Lovely Wife.)
When we jumped into this raging river way back when, little did we know what we were getting ourselves into. What proceeded was a cavalcade of marvels and trinkets meant to dazzle the mind and enchant the soul.
And — on occasion — gurgle the stomach.
So, we’ve grown as people. We’ve laughed a little. We’ve cried a little. We’ve glanced at each other uncomfortably before looking at our watches and mentioning an appointment that we really can’t miss but hey let’s do lunch sometime, ok?
But what have we truly learned from NaBloPoMo?
- The Rhino Song is larger than one man. And this one man is not allowed to show anyone what he looks like singing The Rhino Song. Thus The Lovely Wife has decreed. Repeatedly. And emphatically.
- My father has a mean streak.
- “Unrepairably” is not as pretty (or “grammatically correct”) as irreparably… but dammit, it has heart!
- In addition to cookies, I like granola bars.
- Robots will kill us all. Really.
- My Lovely Wife, beyond being far lovelier than I, is also smarter than me.
- Fonzie’s jacket doesn’t fit me.
And what is the single most important thing I have learned through judicious use of the NaBloPoMo Randomizer:
- The largest and most powerful demographic in the word are mommy bloggers who swear a lot. They are taking the fuck over.
So… I hope everyone has enjoyed the festivities. The bar will remain open until 10:00. Drinks are on the house.
P.S.: For everyone that has left a comment in the past three days, please forgive me. Alas, I have been on a course and have had no time in which to savour their fine, delicate bouquet. I promise to revel in their beauty in the very near future.
Just remember… SPACE MONKEY PANTS LOVES YOU.